ADVANTAGES OF ARRANGED MARRIAGES.
· Familiarity of choices diminishes the risk of incompatibility.
· The couple has the support of their respective family members.
· Less negativity in the relationship due to similar beliefs.
· The idea of divorce is minimal because most arranged marriages are not forced.
· There are no social, ethical or cultural setbacks after an arranged marriage in most cases.
· A good financial future of the couples brings a surety of there being no hardships money-wise and hence strengthens the relationship.
· Arranged marriages helps eliminate the wastage of years people spend on dating and courtship. They also help people find a good spouse without the necessity of dating.
· Another advantage of arranged marriages is that the couple has a firm trust in their in-laws, at least in most of the cases. This keeps the families united and happy.
· The couples have the chance to choose a partner with a similar personality.
· Arranged marriages have a good effect on the future of the couple’s offspring’s. The children have a better family background (in most cases) and have more resources in the family to depend on.
In Hinduism, there is a saying that when a girl gets married, she doesn’t just marry the man, but marries the whole family and vice versa.